Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Ready - Thanking Sponsors

Sent this out this morning to all of our sponsors for the trip....I'll use this as my first blog to see how I'm doing!

Greetings to our support team! Thank you for your help in making this trip possible with your financial support and for your prayers! We are doing the final bit of our packing today and heading out tomorrow. Have to be at the airport at 4 and the plan is due to take off on our 16 hour flight to Johannesburg a bit after 7. We will spend the night in S. Africa (near one of the World Cup venues which makes JP happy!) and then take another 2.5 hour flight to Ndola, Zambia. JP will be doing a soccer camp with the kids for much of the week. We are bringing lots of books over to help the schools start libraries. One of the things we learned is that students won't be able to take the books home with them as their caregivers (if they are lucky enough to have one) will use them for fuel for fires to keep warm! We are also carrying over lots of soccer equipment which we will leave there for the kids.

I hope to figure out how to post some pictures and provide an update as our trip progresses. We do want to request your prayers for safe travels the next few days as well as no illnesses among our team! I hope we are able to make a positive impact while we are there!

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you now and always. What a wonderful adventure for you and JP! Lots of love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I didn't get back during the trip! Most days didn't have internet, some days we did but couldn't get into mail etc....it was weird. I finally quit trying so I didn't get stressed. Now I'm home and answering 10 days of email :-)!

    It was an AMAZING trip and I'm starting to post photos on FB!

    ReplyDelete